The following is our cancellation policy. We want members to know what to expect when committing to an adventure. This is especially important when our adventures involve contracting with vendors (lodging, guides, etc…). The specific vendor cancellation policies will be passed along within the trip description and we all are subject to those policies. The general LAC cancellation policy is as follows:
Day Adventures Without a Fee:
While no-fee day adventures are included in your membership, our guides have set aside valuable time to plan and host a group adventure. As we all know, life does happen and you may need to cancel, but please keep the below in mind when signing up or considering cancelling on a no-fee day adventure.
- Before you sign up really think about whether you can commit to the adventure and once signed up be thoughtful about holding that time. As soon as you know that you need to cancel, please email Gillian at email@example.com so your spot can go to someone on the waitlist.
- Reminders will be sent 10 days prior to the adventure date. Check your calendar again and if you can’t make it, let Gillian know. There is almost always someone on the waitlist eager for a spot.
- If you are feeling on the fence about your abilities being a good match for the adventure reach out to Gillian at firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll connect you with the guide, who is always happy to chat with you.
Day Adventures That Include a Fee:
- Payment in full due at time of reservation. A spot is guaranteed only when paid in full.
- Cancellation 7 days or fewer before adventure date, 0% refund
- Cancellation 8 days or more before adventure date, 100% refund
- Payment due at time of registration
- Cancellation 2 months prior (or less) to the adventure, 0% refund
Cancellation prior to 2 months from adventure date, 100% refund (unless vendor contract differs from this policy)
If there is a waiting list for an adventure (day or overnight) and someone from the waiting list is able to take your spot, your money will be refunded in full.